Friday, April 1, 2011

Does it show?

I will be 28 this year. I just realized this. It's funny, I'm almost 30 years old, and I don't know what this means. Part of me feels as if I should have "accomplished" something by now. Part of me feels as if I am "accomplishing" something. I mean, 30 is a milestone, right? Why? Does this mean that I am no longer young?

Honestly, I am not sure what this all means. This lack of certainty saddens me, too. I think I should have it figured out by now. Alas, but I don't. There is a quote that seems to have lodged itself in my head: "Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself." I suppose this is what I'm [subconsciously] doing. I've done the "let's search for me" routine and it's gotten me nowhere, really. Lately, I seem to be playing-it-by-ear. It's a bit scarier, but at least it's a forward motion.

So, what does all of this mean for an almost-thirty-year-old? Well, it creates the aforementioned question. It leaves holes and questions. It makes things scary and, yet, possible. The possibilities. That, I suppose is the most rewarding thing I have received from this path. For me, 30 doesn't have to be an over-the-hill; it can be just another patch of grass. Tomorrow is potential. And 30 holds all of the potential I want it to hold!

2 comments:

  1. You have so much ahead of you. Do not hyper focus on what you have not done. I did that when I was younger. You are exactly where you need to be. Enjoy the ride...smile. I like your blog. Keep writing!

    www.professorlocs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I haven't really paid much attention to the aging issue, though. It comes up at moments, but then it leaves as fast as it came. In all, it is what it is.

    I like what you said about being "exactly where [I] need to be" because that's what I've learned to realize.

    ReplyDelete